In February, Troop 221 went to Camp Meisenbach for a Wilderness Survival Campout. The weather was fantastic and we had the whole camp to ourselves, which is always nice.
Here are the highlights from the weekend, in no particular order:
- The few remaining Titans that needed the 5-mile hike were able to complete it
- Mr. Latham got up at 4am to smoke 2 briskets for the adults and dinner was amazing
- We started our campout recycling program and filled a 39 gallon bag with recyclables
- About 15 boys spent the night in their wilderness survival shelters, many of them for the 2nd time
- A small group of outstanding adults managed to hold 16 Boards of Review throughout the day, easily a record
- The Cobras built a Wilderness Survival Shelter that could’ve held a pretty good-sized dinner party and then spent the night in it
- Throughout the day, we had 13 different entrees or desserts cooked in a Dutch oven, including 4 done entirely by the first year scouts
- The combination of Bucks/Phoenix won the Golden Spoon (dessert contest) for the 2nd campout in a row. The winning dish was a cheesecake garnished with homemade whipped cream, a strawberry/blueberry compote and a lemon custard
- 1/2 of the Titan patrol finished 2nd in the dessert contest for the 2nd time in a row by cooking a perfect cake and wowing the judges with their presentation. 6th graders very narrowly losing to 10th graders; I can’t wait to see where they’ll go..
Overall, it was an outstanding weekend. Thanks for camping!